December 31, 2006

Write a Story

A while ago I saw this movie, Whisper of the Heart, it's a story about a young girl, Shizuku, who is following her heart despite pressures around her to do what she is supposed to do, not what she wants to do--write. (Below is a clip of the movie, feel free to watch the whole movie at youtube.com the version uploaded is in Japanese. yay! :D)

I watched this movie a few months ago and its still stuck in my head, I was so inspired by her to write a story of my own. I love writing too. The only thing that is stopping me is that I don't know what to write about. I wrote a fan fiction story a long time ago about a neopet (lame, I know..) which wasn't that good, but I had a great time writing it. I've been itching to write something since I got tired of the first neopet story, but can't find a topic. I suppose I have writers block, but then I have probably had it since 8th grade, when I stopped writing the neopet story.

I want to write something, I don't care if its non-fiction, science fiction, a biography, doesn't matter, it just has to tell a story.