December 15, 2006

Newspaper Article

This quarter's school newspaper, Jet Blast, was released today. It had six pages of articles and artwork. The artwork was all holiday themed! Julian submitted one, it was very pretty. She said she made it on the computer, as in used the mouse as a pencil and drew every last line with the mouse. [that's crazy hard...] Julian's added some blends that made it look all the more better, ^___^ she's good at presentation.

The articles, Ian wrote an article about the problem of homophobia in our school, which is a little difficult to believe that a school as diverse as ours has a problem like that. He made some valid points but I couldn't focus on his argument because there were many structural problems. :/ He's only a junior, so I can't blame him. All the underclassmen articles I read had quite a few grammatical errors, not that my own grammar skills are perfect. The editor has to proof read all the articles and make sure that articles have as few errors as possible, and the teacher in charge of it should do it too, to check. But Mr. Smith, an arithmetic teacher, is the teacher for the newspaper, :/ we find a lot of errors on our statistics homework sheets...

Leland, the editor-in-chief called for students to write articles, so I've decided to write something, probably multiple things--anime review, anime movie review, and a non-anime article. I was thinking about writing my non-anime article about blogging, but what would be the purpose of it? Just talking about blogging? To me, that seems pretty redundant. :/

Maybe I'll write my anime review about Ouran High School Host Club. It's a very interesting anime, I'm sure it'll be entertaining. I've been wanting to write a review for that anime, ^__^ it's one of my favorite anime! :D I hope it comes out nicely and people will be introduced to something new and it'll open up possibilities in their lives.

Playing on Sirius' Alt Nation | 21: Switchfoot - Oh! Gravity
aren't they a religious group? :/