November 30, 2009

When I think of writing, I think about...

When I think of writing, I think about letters, and words, and sentences, and paragraphs, and papers, and stories, and books, and grammar. As soon as I enter the thought bubble of grammar, I jump into linguistics, and psycholinguistics, and the cultural implications of language.

Writing is a form of language, and language gets me excited.

Language is fascinating. Have you ever been reading a page and stopped, just stopped and thought about the words on the page in front of you? Why does this word blue make me conjure this image? Why does this cluster of words form what I call a sentence? I don’t know about you, but so many why and how questions pop into my head.

I love language, I somewhat enjoy writing because it is a form of language, but it’s only a piece of the overall pie, we can’t forget that.