June 03, 2014

Grad school skate - day 13

Took a pretty harsh fall today on my right side. I was wearing sleeves so my skin is less damaged than the last fall. My hip will probably have a massive bruise come tomorrow afternoon... Lastly, my nose got bruised from my sunglasses hitting my helmet, which hit the pavement. Ouch. It also seems I somehow busted my ankle last week, so peddling and breaking was painful today. Double ouch.

As I was trying to keep practicing while my elbow burned, hip throbbed, and ankle made me wince, I contemplated the reasons why I subject myself to so much physical pain? Am I a masochist deep down? Is skating worth it? 

The more I skated on, the more I understood that I genuinely enjoy skateboarding. It's something I've always appreciated. Now it's finally my turn to skate through the pain, get over my scrapes and bruises, and fulfill a wish from my younger days.